As a freelance journalist I write about Spain, Catalonia and Barcelona. Editors commission me to cover food, travel, current affairs and business.See a selection of my articles in print
Since 2001 I have written regularly for media including:
- Fodor’s Travel (one of world’s leading travel information publishers)
- Rough Guides (one of UK’s leading travel publishers)
- Travel Channel (major US media outlet)
- The Financial Times (one of the world’s leading business media organisations)
- The Guardian (award-winning British national daily newspaper)
- The Sun (the UK’s best-selling newspaper)
- The Local (Europe’sÂ largest English-language news network)
- Living Spain (UK print magazine for expats in Spain)
- IESE Alumni Review (current affairs reports for magazine of one of world’s top business schools)
- BusinessBCN (Barcelona-based English-language business publication)
- BusinessMAD (sister publication of BusinessBCN in Madrid)
- Food Tripper (Travel Channel series website and food travel production co.)
- Football365 (one of the UK’s top football websites)
- The Evening Chronicle (top-selling regional newspaper in north-east England)
- Fighters Only (international, market-leading martial arts magazine)
- Train (international fitness magazine)
- Sabotage Times (online magazine and syndication agency with over 700,000 visitors per month)
My specialist subjects…
Catalan & Spanish Food and Barcelona Restaurants.Â I blog about Catalan food and Barcelona restaurants and write travel guides. I am the co-author of Fodor’s Barcelona, the Rough Guide to Barcelona and the Pocket Rough Guide, some of the world’s best-selling Barcelona guidebooks. I have written about Barcelona’s food scene for newspapers including the Financial Times and The Guardian. I also provide consultancy services to gastrotourism agencies and media organisations including the USA’s Travel Channel.
“Steve Tallantyre knows the Barcelona food scene like no one else. His depth of detail on the cuisine and familiarity with trends, neighborhoods, and chefs impressed me initially; his enthusiasm and responsiveness was what came after in his great follow through.” â€“ Kristan Schiller Editor, Cities and Cultural Destinations Fodor’s Travel.
Barcelona has been my home for almost 20 years. I offerÂ an insider’s perspective when writing about the city, Catalonia and Spain in general. Being part of a Catalan familyÂ has allowed me to share aspects of Barcelona life that most tourists will never see. I write about Barcelona for The Guardian newspaper. For several years I was a regular Spanish correspondent for The Local, Europe’sÂ largest English-language news network.
“Steve has consistently provided entertaining and informed content about Spain for The Local, writing on everything from kings to Catalonia, and beyond. I would highly recommend his services to anyone.” â€“ George Mills, Country Editor (Spain), The Local
Mixed Martial Arts (MMA)Â I have been involved with martial arts since 1987 and have met, trained with and interviewed some of Â the top coaches and competitors in combat sports. I’ve written for MMA’s leading publication, Fighters Only, since 2008 and providedÂ play-by-play commentary for pay-per-view broadcasts of Ansgar Fighting League MMA events.
“Steve has proven himself to be a very professional and creative contributor to Fighters Only magazine. He’s reliable, accurate and flexible with his work – which makes my life so much easier. He has a great relationship with myself and the rest of the staff, and is a real asset to have at my disposal.”Â â€“ Nick Peet, Editor-in-Chief at Fighters Only Ltd